Sunday, December 2, 2012

Flowers and December Goals


Peonies and mums. I brought these home from Whole Foods yesterday and Danny said woah those look kind of funny. The peonies were little balls of dark magenta and did, in fact, look funny. I told him that they were peonies, the same flower that we had all over our wedding. :) Not ten minutes after we put them in water, one of them started to open up to show off a bit. They are gorgeous and I love the dark color to go along with the season.

Here are some goals for December that I would like to work on. I realize that reading my goals is probably last on your list of things to do, but it makes me feel more accountable when I write them down somewhere, especially if other people can see them. For example, last month I had four goals. I think I only accomplished two. When I failed at my posting every day of the month goal, I felt this intense guilt! It was a little extreme, and I will try to take them a little less seriously this month. More of a try-really-hard-to-get-it-done thing. Here we go:

1. Start Crossfit On-Ramp Program.
This is going to be the biggest challenge for me. I am super duper nervous about going since the only people I know that do Crossfit are in awesome shape and I am hanging onto WAY too much weight after being pregnant. I have worked out with a trainer a lot in the past so I am confident that my form will be great, but I am also confident that I am in the worst shape of my life after not working out since I was newly pregnant. That means I will be the weakest, slowest, and fattest! I win in all categories! Wish me luck with this one, I really need it. 

2. Use the crockpot more. 
I love the crockpot. It is the best piece of cookware in my kitchen right now, and I can get a meal ready to go at nine in the morning, and forget about it all day until it is time to eat. How easy is that?! I need to make a few good soups and roasts this month.

3. Create a play group for Claire (and me)!: 
I am going to get on Facebook and see if other people want to get together with their kids. I know plenty of girls I went to high school with, worked with, etc. that have kids now. Its time to get together, have our kids play, and bask in our new (and not so new) motherhood! Man, I really hope someone wants to actually do this with me. ha!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Two things:
    1. I will totally do crossfit with you! I need to get in shape and I have no cute baby as an excuse.

    That leads to number 2...

    2. If I had a cute baby, I would definitely hit you up for play dates. I can't provide a kid for Claire, but I'm your girl for some hang out time. :)

    ReplyDelete